View Single Post
Old
11-24-2012, 12:44 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
I'm just concerned he is going to finish the season with 50 points in 70 games and the Oilers end up picking him higher than they should. Happened with Moroz already. I don't know if I want it to happen with a 1st round pick also.
I wouldnt be concerned if the Oilers picked him, I would be elated.

This is a kid who led the Oil Kings in scoring in the playoffs as a sixteen year old. The skills are there. He has a well rounded game and brings many tools to the table. Just what you want in a second line center.

Right now I think his struggles come down to a couple of things, being snake bit and he is not being utilized to his strengths imo. They have him in front of the net, tight, providing a screen on the pp, when he should be up high in the slot where he can utilize his shot.

That has pretty much been taken away from him on the pp as he is too tight to get it off.

He will break out of his slump and the Oil Kings should go deep into the playoffs, which is likely to help his draft position over some kids who will be out in the first round or may miss the post season entirely.

Lazar has a much more varied and higher level skill set than Moroz. They are nothing alike.

NHL scouts arent dumb enough to let him fall into the second round.

Book it.