View Single Post
Old
11-24-2012, 02:15 AM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
I think Saskatoon needs another scoring punch. Their secondary scoring is really good, but they still lack a top natch player. Players like Montgomery, Bourke, Valk, etc would help them a lot. The problem about this year is, the bottom teams are rebuilding with young talent and do not want to trade them, while the top teams have the best offensive talent and do not want to trade them due to having a potential deep run in the playoffs.

Not saying it won't happen, but I would be shock to see Shinkaruk getting traded.
Not sure I agree with your assessment. To me, their top end is fine. Their line of Nicholls-Stransky-McColgan has been fantastic (up until Shane's recent injury). Nicholls is among league leaders in goals and all three players are now above a point per game.

To me, their depth scoring has been the part that's missing.

Guys like Sutter, Burns, Walker have been put in a spot to provide secondary offence and simply haven't.

Adding more offensive guys would definitely help and it would allow guys like Sutter and Burns to stick to 3rd line checking roles more than anything else.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote