View Single Post
Old
11-24-2012, 04:07 AM
Mr Writer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVSFAN92 View Post
Drouin and Mackinnon are pretty much the exact SAME size. Mackinnon is just a more aggressive player, more power forward/sniper. Drouin will hit you but just not as often. Also Drouin is WAY better defensively, he def reminds me of Datsyuk. More shifty and elusive and will find your stick with a pass through a maze of players. With someone hanging off of him.

Drouin - 5'11", 185lbs
Mackinnon - 6'0", 182lbs

On another note, team Canada at the world juniors have been having a HUGE problem scoring goals for the past 5 years or so... Having a line like Drouin, Mackinnon, Huberdeau is exactly what the team needs...

Also I like Monahan as well, but to go along with your reasoning of having too many 17 year olds on the team. I'd go with Drouin and Mackinnon because of chemistry and scoring ability. An extra forward, IF any of them make it; is what they will probably be. Someone with scoring ability and better skating will win out especially on the bigger ice. Not more of a defensive minded player, even though Monahan can score.
Where do you get your stats? Canada has led the tournament in scoring or at the top all these past 5 years or so...

in 08 wasn't exactly a high powered octane offence, but we still came home with the gold medal.... BTW on big European ice.

Last edited by Mr Writer: 11-24-2012 at 05:47 AM.