View Single Post
Old
11-24-2012, 09:31 AM
nmbr_24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Berezin View Post
Who are some players that will be traded once the CBA is finalized directly because of lockout related incidents?

I.e. Troy Brouwer.

Another example is players who don't want to play under owner Jeremy Jacobs in Boston (idea brought up by Andy Strickland)
I wonder why Boston is one of the most desireable places to be traded to according to that anonymous player poll that was going around. I think they were the 2nd most desireable place to get traded to and that was in 2011 before they won the Cup.

Every player Boston has right now seems to like playing there.

I have a theory why it is like this, I think Jacobs may be fighting for the owners in this lockout, but when players have to deal with him or the Bruins staff on a personal level, it is probably a great situation. So when there is a salary cap and things are the way Jacobs wants them, there probably aren't many owners who are going to treat their players any better ie, there is a salary cap so the GM can only spend that amount and there is no need in Jacob's mind to stick his nose into team business because he already took care of how much could be spent.

So players may get mad at Jacob's for being the chairman of the owners board, but when it comes down to being a good place to play that treats their players well, Boston is right there at the top of the league and I don't see players holding a grudge just like I don't see owners holding a grudge about some of the dumb things a few players have said.

They all know this is an emotional time for a lot of players and owners and when the deal gets done, I have a feeling that all will be forgiven, until next time that is

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote