View Single Post
Old
11-24-2012, 08:49 AM
Faterson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicente View Post
Maybe I am misinformed but isn't it correct that some of the Slovan home games are just not broadcasted at all like yesterday? Correct me please if I am wrong ! Just curious.
That was the case in recent months. Sport TV have now changed their approach after pressure from viewers. They were supposed to show only 3 out of 7 Slovan home games in November and December. However, they have now changed their mind and will show all 7 of Slovan's home games, including the one yesterday. That's nice. However, they still won't be showing all of Slovan's away games, for example during Slovan's upcoming road trip in Siberia and the Far East. And I simply don't buy those excuses that the KHL "didn't offer those games to them". I'm sure there'll be some kind of a stream at khl.ru for each game, and Sport TV should be showing that, if nothing else. The picture quality can't possibly get any worse than what we saw from Yaroslavl.

Another problem with Sport TV is that they have two channels, Sport 1 and Sport 2. Few households in Slovakia have access to Sport 1, and very very few have access to Sport 2. Despite this, Sport TV prefers to show Slovan's games on Sport 2, even though they realize this means fewer people in Slovakia will get to see the live broadcast. Like I said, Slovan's KHL games are used as a tool by Sport TV to get Sport 2 into more Slovak households. Sport TV wants Slovak viewers to complain to their cable TV operators so that they include Sport 2 in their packages for subscribers.

There were days in September and October when Sport 2 was showing Slovan's game live, while Sport 1 was just showing a re-run of an unimportant event. This was intentional in order to promote Sport 2. After heavy criticism, Sport TV have now changed their approach a bit, and tomorrow's game of Slovan vs. Lokomotiv will be shown on Sport 1 rather than Sport 2. However, looking at the line-up of December broadcasts, it's clear that Sport 2 will remain the preferred channel for Slovan games, although Sport 2 is even less accessible in Slovakia than Sport 1.

Last edited by Faterson: 11-24-2012 at 08:58 AM.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote