View Single Post
Old
11-24-2012, 10:24 AM
Panteras
perennial loser

vCash: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
I have 5 brazilians in my team at work, and I can tell you that a foreign coach will never happen to the brazilian national team. Not because they're patriotic but because they have pride in their domestic football. They have no interest whatsoever in european football, very few of them follow european football, and they become completely disinterested in the brazilian players that decide to leave for europe. And when these players play for the national team they get a lot of pressure to perform well. Imagine what would happen for a coach.
never say never...I understand what you're saying about the pride in their football, several nations can probably be categorized the same way and I can see what you're referring to if Hiddink or some other foreigner was hired people having the sentiment of "we don't need to hire a foreigner we have talent here " type of rhetoric, but by the same token I can def. see people not having a problem at all with it...

would be interesting if you ask your 5 friends how they would feel if the NT were to hire a foreigner, but not just any foreigner to manage their team, someone as respected as say Hiddink

Panteras is online now   Reply With Quote