View Single Post
Old
11-24-2012, 10:59 AM
Bullsmith

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
Am I the only one who sees potential similarities between Brisebois and Beaulieu. I have a bad feeling that he may be a future whipping boy in Montreal. I believe that Brisebois was unfairly treated by the fans in Montreal but he came with great expectations and was prone to the odd gaffe. He never did fulfill his offensive promise and the mob definitely turned on him.

They are different players but there are definitely some similarities in their respectives games as both may have been overrated offensively and both seem to be mistake/bad penalty prone players.

I hope I am wrong but every time I have watched him from junior until now I have been underwhelmed with his mental makeup. The physical tools are clearly there but I am not sure about the rest.
I've made the Brisebois comparison in the past myself. Bealieu is much more physical in terms of not being intimidated the way Brisebois was, and he has a better shot, but it's a pretty fair comparison.

Beaulieu has enormous upside, but he also has glaring flaws, especially defensively. I think people who set their expectations too high for this kid (like so many did with Brisebois) are setting themselves up for disappointment. Myself, I see him being a talented but erratic #4 guy with superior PP skills. If Beaulieu can achieve that I'll be happy with him.