View Single Post
Old
11-24-2012, 11:02 AM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Sniper Cele View Post
There have been several games this season where much more useful hockey players were put in the pressbox for this clown to "play".
Not really, all the guys you mentioned except Farnham have been injured for large chunks of the season. Farnham was only signed with Wheeling and is now mainstay in the lineup.

Quote:
No he didn't. Bobby Farnham did it for him. Like I said in my above post, do you think the Bears and Jeff Taffe himself are OK with him having to fight Farnham the way he did? No. Now on the flip side of that question, do you think anybody is worried that two window lickers like Mac and Clackson fought? Once again, the answer is no.
I love Farnham, but I think more needed to be done. I don't know if the rest of the Bears cared, but I'm sure Clackson wasn't thrilled about getting pounded on like that. Considering he's the one who went after Morrow, it makes sense that some of the consequence would fall on him. This isn't like two enforcers fighting off of a face off for a hit neither of them were involved in.

Quote:
Exactly. So shove it right back in their face. Their goon goes after our top prospect, so send our goon after their top scorer. That's just brilliant and the way it should be.
Farnham isn't a goon though, he's a pest. Coming from college hockey, he's pretty green in terms of fighting. Him going after Taffe was nice, but it was just a wrestling match. Like I said, I love the guy, love the way he plays, but I don't mind having that nuclear option in MacIntyre around for instances like this. The pure goon is probably done in the NHL, but the AHL is still a different world in a lot of ways and a lot of stuff happens that needs to be dealt with.

He'd probably be playing even less this year if there hadn't been a bunch of injuries to Wilkes-Barre's forwards, particularly guys that would be playing in the bottom six.