View Single Post
Old
11-24-2012, 11:04 AM
PWJunior
RIP Al Arbour

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
A bit off topic, but that's apparently who Hampus Lindholm considers a mentor. I can think of worse. On topic, that would be great for the Islanders. Jonsson was a rock, and one of the more under-appreciated defensemen in my opinion. Not to take anything away from the Islanders, but it's easy to wonder if he would have garnered more attention on a better team.

Agreed. Those numbers, with his shutdown capabilities, would make him a strong candidate. I think, sometimes, people forget how hard it can be to score 40+ points in the NHL as a defenseman, and among those defensemen, how many of them have legit shutdown abilities? That would be a rare talent.
KJ was definitely underrated during his time and you're right, playing for the circus on LI definitely added to that. Jonsson is highly respected in Sweden so it's no surprise that Lindholm has a connection with him. He's a very good mentor to have for sure.

I forget who exactly said it during the draft (Bobby Mac, McGuire, Button), but I remember them saying that Reinhart could develop into the best player in the draft (or something to that extent). A 40+ point d-man who shuts down everything in his wake would qualify as a legit contender for the title of BPA. I hope they're right, but hyperbole's are thrown around like wildfire so you have to take it with a grain of salt.

I do have to say, 'FINALLY!' because it's been a long time since we've had a premium d-man prospect like him in a very long time.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote