View Single Post
Old
11-24-2012, 11:05 AM
Jet
Chevel-takesadayoff

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
It wasn't really throwing them under the bus though. They have to play harder, even the coach agreed. Most players respond like this when they go on losing streaks.

I'm sorry, but with his talent I would take him over a Mark Stuart seven days of the week.

What he did is a miniscule character thing. He replied in the wrong way, but his message is the exact same you'd here from any other player. He just didn't send it in the smartest way. He wants to fire his teammates up and most importantly he wants to win. Those are great traits IMO.

The whole of major league sports has desensitized everyone to any answer that isn't the run of the mill cookie-cutter answer to the point where we care about a comment like this.
Again, I agree. The team I play for has been on a losing streak and last night we were flat against a team we should beat who had a short bench. We weren't giving enough effort and I let my team know it, on the bench and after the game.

We have a game tonight and I would be extremely surprised if we don't come out guns a blazin knowing the guys on my team.

I know it's not nearly the same, but sometimes when your team is going through the motions you need to wake them the f up. Duchene stepping up to do that is showing that he has passion and though some don't think so, future leadership qualities.

He just needs to mature and learn a better way to approach it.