View Single Post
Old
11-24-2012, 11:21 AM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
Agreed. And as Crew mentioned before, seems as though his minutes with the Isles would be limited, so definitely wouldn't hurt for him to dominate the W next year.

That being said, as far as the rest, I just don't think one year will be a massive difference. If the Isles want to wait for him to improve footspeed, offense, and get stronger, they might as well let him do one more year in Edmonton, 1-2 years in the A, and then go to Long Island.

I think 2-3 years allows for significant improvement, I just don't think he's going to vastly improve footspeed or offense with one extra whl season.
Reinhart is still just an 18 year old kid (19 in January), let's not forget that. That one extra year could yield big advances in the facets of his game that you mentioned because of just simple 'growing up'. He's obviously ahead of the curve physically right now, but one he starts developing his man strength... things can change in a hurry.

I'm not looking for him to be a PPG guy next year or anything, but having the opportunity to work on things in a low pressure environment (compared to the NHL) would build a foundation for future growth. It's all about reps really and being in an environment conducive to success. The more confident he is before hitting the bigs, the better prepared he is in general.

If he continues to progress, I don't think he'll need much AHL time if any. He'll never be an offensive juggernaut, but that extra year in Edmonton could accelerate that part of his game over his initial seasons in the NHL. I'd rather have that scenario than him losing confidence initially in the NHL and thus retarding his development in that end of the ice. That's just my take on things.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote