Thread: Prospect Info: 2012-2013 Blues Prospects
View Single Post
Old
11-24-2012, 12:31 PM
Prussian_Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
He got another goal last night to give him 5+3 in 17 games. I haven't seen the games, so I really couldn't give you much more than that. Surprisingly, Ian Cole has 9 points in 17 games. That's pretty solid.
Schwartz has been playing often on a line with Phil McRae at center and Sebastian Wännström at RW... both McRae and Wännström also have poor plus/minus figures, but they are also starting to pick things up offensively.

This has been more or less Peoria's second line on many nights, so they're facing Top Six players on opposing teams who, in most cases, have a good deal more experience (NHL and AHL) than they do as a unit.

I think patience is warranted here... a line of Schwartz, McRae and Wännström has the potential to be very good offensively. None of these players are well-known for their defensive skills, so that's a concern, but if they can continue to develop into an offensive threat, and play with the puck in the attacking zone when they are on the ice, the defensive and plus-minus concerns will work themselves out over the course of a 76-game season.