View Single Post
Old
11-24-2012, 12:37 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by useref15 View Post
Glad to see there is only one other Nets fan in here! I've been VERY impressed with Lopez so far this year. He seems improved in almost ever aspect of the game, except rebounding. I don't even care that his rebounding isn't great, because we are still a very good rebounding team with Evans, Blatche, and Humphries out there. Lopez has been dominant on the offensive end, and his defense has been ever more impressive so far. He isn't as slow to help and come up with a block. I believe he's top 5 in block in the NBA.

Last night was an impressive win for us, but they can't just win one like this and let us down next game like the Warriors game. A sign of a good team is when you beat the guys you're supposed to.
I hear ya - definitely want to see them keep up their level of play against Portland tomorrow.

By the same token I wouldn't get too down about that GS loss. The west coast trip is always a bear and after winning the first game and then going toe to toe agains the Lakers (not to mention the refs) in a game decided on the last play, playing GSW the next night was a really, really difficult situation.

On Lopez: I'd love to see a few more boards per game, but other than that, he's been phenomenal. I honestly think they could run the offense through him even more. As to the boards, I wonder if his numbers aren't impacted by having Crash, Hump and Evans on the same team - only so many to go around and especially with Lopez helping so much on D, it's likely that they're getting some boards that would otherwise go to him. (Although I'd like to see him be just a tad more agressive pursuing them regardless.)