View Single Post
Old
11-24-2012, 12:23 PM
S Bah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
A player who's slowly catching my attention is the Saginaw Spirit's RW Nick Moutrey. He's a 6'4" 208 lb powerforward. He's listed as a RW, but I'm pretty sure I've seen him play a few games on the left side. When I say powerforward, I mean powerforward. He's physical, punishing and will beat you in a variety of ways. He's got soft hands too, so he will either go through you or around you. Good instincts around the crease and a solid wrist shot. He uses his body effectively too, protects the puck well and creates space using his body. He needs to work on his passing and puck skills. He got pretty good hands, but they could definitely be better. He does have good vision, but his passing isn't ideal.

Really talented player already and some room to grow. Could be a great late round pick, however if he keeps up the pace that he's playing at he'll most likely be a second rounder.

I watched him the other night against Kamloops. I had no idea that he was draft eligible. He played a solid game. He's still really raw, but he's got some great tools to work with. He's an intriguing player for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
Latest Woodlief article. Should get us even more excited about having 4 picks in the top 60.
http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/1719797
Moutrey,& 9th overall on Woodlief's list Tyler Hill,Mike McCarron,Samuel Henley and Frederick Gauthier are all good sized players with talent and Montreal has a really good chance at getting a couple of these players in the next draft.Hill plays for Hotchkiss School,McCarron for USNTDP,Henley & Gauthier QMJHL.McNulty a defenceman from WHL is a good 3rd -4th round choice with size and skating.