View Single Post
Old
11-24-2012, 12:25 PM
ZombieRegDunlop

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude The Fraud View Post
Speaking of O'brien, guys, can you explain me something?

I've haven't had the chance to catch a game when the Titans were in Rimouski. So I have never seen him play. How can this guy be playing his third complete season and still looking for his first penalty? How does he play? I mean, It's hard for me to understand that a player is still looking for his first penalty after two complete years. How can he had never hooked a guy just a little bit too much to prevent a goal or how can he had never answered back a little bit too much after the whistle if a guy facewashed him? Does he bring any intensity to the rink?
I love when NFLD kids do well in the league, so I'm not picking on him.........but.............

The list you started is endless. I spoke with a Q-scout who joked that O'Brien must have an after game ritual where he makes Omelets for the team, because the eggs aren't getting broken during the game. It's not just that he has 0 penalties....it's the idea that he hasn't been given 2 minutes that he didn't deserve. You get those types of penalties when you compete in puck battles, or if you consistently drive to the net. Not even a single coincidental minor in defending himself? Even worse.....defending a teammate who just got a cheap-shot?

It's also the reason why I don't think they'll be much of a market for him at the deadline. They differentiate "playoff hockey" for a reason. He doesn't play it. That "0" in his stat line looks like a faberge egg.

ZombieRegDunlop is offline   Reply With Quote