Thread: Value of: Linus Omark to MTL
View Single Post
Old
11-24-2012, 02:18 PM
Prairie Habs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
I don't think Omark is a player I'd look for from the Habs' POV. Maybe I'd give a 5th rounder. But flip side, I'd consider moving Bourque for him, just on the hunch that Bourque's ultimate value will be less than a 5th and it works as a salary dump. Not that Bourque's salary has been bad for some of his past exploits, but he was just so putrid as a Hab, even if it's only half a season, that I'd feel like it was a fair gamble to treat him as a dump, *if* we got some other player back who might be a gamble (even of an entirely different type) to score some goals for us. Omark is basically a no-risk gamble. Bourque is a gamble with a modestly large contract attached.
I think it is way to soon to dump Bourque. The whole team was a mess last year and its hard to judge Bourqeue on not performing under RC as almost no one did. If he continues to score 18 goals for 3.3M he is maybe slightly over payed, but if he gets to 27 again he is a steal. We also need a physical presence on the second line next to Plekanec and Gionta and right now Bourque is the best option.

Prairie Habs is offline   Reply With Quote