View Single Post
Old
11-24-2012, 02:34 PM
HTTP 400 Bad Request

vCash: 13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Based on the fact that I actually watched every game we played last year. Eller is already a better scorer, and while Desharnais is a fantastic playmaker, I think that Eller's playmaking or vision was never fully exploited due to the scrubs he had to play with. When he played with Andrei K, they did very well against decent opposition.

Add to that the fact that Eller is still a few (2-3) years younger than DD, so I think he's got more room to grow his game, both offensively and defensively. In my mind, there's a chance he's already better offensively than DD. I wouldn't put money on it, but there's a chance.

In the long run, though, I do think Eller turns into the more useful forward of the two.

Not sure why the thought that Eller might be better offensively than DD rustles your jimmies so bad.

I'm not one of those that has to put one down to elevate the other. I love DD's passing game and I think he's so smart that he can adjust to eventually playing wing on the top 2 lines.
I'm a DD fan, but mostly because I love the story that's behind him!

But I'm even more a Habs fan, so if Eller turns out to be better offensively than DD, well I'm even happier.

My only problem with Eller is that he tends to play alone. He keeps the puck way too long. That works great on large ices, but it's a real problem in the NHL. Now, I understand that you also saw this, but have a different vision on it :
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I think that Eller's playmaking or vision was never fully exploited due to the scrubs he had to play with
That's a possibility. But I think good players still look good when they are with scrubs, they only make scrubs look like scrubs. That's what I saw from DD when he was playing with Darche, Pyatt and others 2 years ago. He managed to get his points while playing under 10 mins a night.

That being said, I sure hope Eller turns out to be better than DD, cause we would have a very, very interesting player!

HTTP 400 Bad Request is offline   Reply With Quote