View Single Post
Old
11-24-2012, 02:58 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by htk30 View Post
You really think MDZ has more potential than Staal? And that MDZ will be a "bigger name" than Staal? Staal is steady and consistent, night in and night out. He's the one going up against the Crosbys and Ovechkins of the league and makes them look like they're average. He has maybe 5 straight up bad games a season, whereas MDZ consistently makes a handful of bad plays/choices a night against "lesser" players. MDZ is much more shakeable/it's easier to get in MDZ's head than is the case with Staal.
Yes, I think MDZ has more potential than Staal. I don't think MDZ will ever be a 'bigger name' than Staal, but I think he can be the better overall player. False, Staal is 2nd fiddle to McDonagh, who has surpassed him in only his sophomore season. Staal as of now, is a great shutdown guy that can effectively shutdown the opposing team's 2nd best scoring threat on even strength and can kill penalties on the top unit. MDZ right now isn't better than Staal defensively and probably will never be. I just think he'll be the better player down the road due to his natural offensive talent. I think MDZ being mentally fragile is blown way out of proportion by the media. It's pretty much what you expect from a raw offensive d-man trying to re-establish his game for both ends of the rink.

Quote:
And slow your roll before you go calling McDonagh a superstar. He's not even on the cusp..maybe of being an extremely good defenseman, but not a superstar. Lidstrom is a superstar, McDonagh is a kid with one and a half NHL seasons to his name.
Ryan Suter is a superstar and I believe McDonagh is just a tad behind him in only his 2nd season. He is the Rangers franchise player along with Lundqvist.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote