View Single Post
Old
11-24-2012, 04:01 PM
HockeyThoughts
Delivering The Truth

vCash: 1550
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
I actually laughed out loud. When I entered the thread and read the OP, the first thought that crossed by mind was that "Interactif is going to have a field day with this thread."

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden57 View Post
Thank you! Drives me nuts when people say that.

Grabo is a great 2nd liner for us, I love the guy but he's a perfect 3rd liner on cup teams.
No.. He's really not.

Mikhail Grabovski is a #2 center or simply a 1B. He doesn't have that special oomph that allows him to center a contending team's top line -- but that's okay not every player is suited for that role and he's definitely a solid component on a good team in a top 6 role.

Grabovski is comparable to a David Krejci, Joe Pavelski, Stephen Weiss or Valtteri Filppula. They are all great players who provide a solid defensive element to their games, however, I feel they all lack the size and outstanding offensive prowess that #1 centers tend to possess.

I think if we missed out on the big prize of Ryan Getzlaf and signed or traded for Stephen Weiss or Joe Pavelski going into our next campaign we would be pretty well off. As we saw with the success of the Boston Bruins, St. Louis Blues and Nashville Predators -- a standout #1 center is not a definitive requirement to a contending team. If a team is able to employ solid depth down the middle ex. Weiss-Grabovski-Bozak-McClement ..etc with four centers who are defensively responsible, with equal offensive ability the balanced approach is often the more difficult offensive unit to shut down as well as the more reliable unit to ice at any time in the game.

HockeyThoughts is offline   Reply With Quote