View Single Post
Old
11-24-2012, 03:15 PM
Stu Macher

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemskyfanboy83 View Post
Agree 100%. Her and Hawkes (would have been happy with Rush as well) both should have won that year.
After seeing it again, I do think Hawkes should have won. But as we know, subtle performances don't win as often as they should, especially in supporting roles, where a big explosive standout usually wins.

That's a reason why I think Jennifer Lawrence has such a great chance of winning for Silver Linings Playbook, which is a much more out there character, more emotionally explosive than the more stoic Ree from Winter's Bone. They are both fantastic performances, which is a testament to her range as an actress. I agree with Kihei when he says she has the ability to be the next Meryl Streep. She's young, beautiful, and I think we've only seen the tip of her mountainous talent.

She's knocked a few very tough roles out, and has shown the ability to ground things beyond most performers of her age; for example, The Hunger Games, where she brought a level of gravitas to something that could have been just an exercise in money making. She's certainly become somebody who will make me go to the theater just by her name being on the marquee. I was happy to see that next year, she will be appearing in a film by Susanne Bier, starring alongside Bradley Cooper, who she had such wonderful chemistry with in Silver Linings Playbook.

Stu Macher is offline   Reply With Quote