View Single Post
Old
11-24-2012, 05:14 PM
Top Corner2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
Am I the only one who sees potential similarities between Brisebois and Beaulieu. I have a bad feeling that he may be a future whipping boy in Montreal. I believe that Brisebois was unfairly treated by the fans in Montreal but he came with great expectations and was prone to the odd gaffe. He never did fulfill his offensive promise and the mob definitely turned on him.

They are different players but there are definitely some similarities in their respectives games as both may have been overrated offensively and both seem to be mistake/bad penalty prone players.

I hope I am wrong but every time I have watched him from junior until now I have been underwhelmed with his mental makeup. The physical tools are clearly there but I am not sure about the rest.
I think fans/media are going to give Beaulieau a REALLY hard time. They are already starting to. Hopefully management takes their time with him.

The big problem for Brisebois is that he was expected to be a number 1-2 D when really he was a 3-4...but our teams were bad back then. If we have better depth and we can limit his role Beauleau will be very effective in the NHL.