View Single Post
Old
11-24-2012, 05:31 PM
stevo61

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacketsinDC View Post
JAM looks great in the handful of games i've seen so far... despite his size he also doesn't seem to get manhandled like calvert (i always notice him when he's getting flattened by someone). and johansen looks like NHL johansen, so that's not particularly exciting.

what have you all thought of johansen this year? better or worse than what you expected?
For me i don't seem to notice Johansen offensively (and not because as some people say when you watch the game you don't notice him then look at the score sheet he has a multi point night) he doesn't seem to be in the corners as much and cant seem to find the dead spots in coverage. But i think it's a different story on the defensive end, i always find he is one of the harder working forwards defensively and a really good back checker. As for JAM i agree. he's a fiery little guy. he takes stupid penalties here and there but he's still young. There was a play last night behind the Portland net when he got tangled up with Mathieu Brodeur who he gives up 9" and 35lbs pounds to and gave as many shots as he took and didn't think of backing down. Put a pretty big smile on my face in a game there wasn't much else to cheer for.

EDIT: Also some of Johansen's problem is he's not playing with the skilled wingers he was to start the season and right now he's not leading a line on his own but i think things will change in time

Last edited by stevo61: 11-24-2012 at 05:38 PM.