Thread: Great Britain: U20 WJC roster discussion
View Single Post
Old
11-24-2012, 05:34 PM
Propane Nightmares
Spirit Shine

vCash: 500
Got a chance to see a bunch of these guys play tonight. Slough jets v Peterborough Phantoms. Slough won the game 3-1. I see Godfrey and Connolly from Slough almost every week so not much to say about them, and I've seen Luke Ferrara and Will Weldon quite a few times over the past few seasons.

The guys I was interested in seeing today were Jordan Cownie and Declan Balmer, and I got to see Lewis Hook again, all 3 of them got regular ice time.

I really liked the look of Cownie, he seemed to be all over the ice with a lot of energy and has good hands, though he is quite small, so I don't know why Peterborough thought it was a good idea to put him on a line with the league midget Jamie Line and Will Weldon

Balmer was also very impressive and played good solid D, finishing a few hits. Though he did shoot the puck at my leg when he didn't look before dumping the puck into the zone, which are signs of an inexperienced player since it hardly ever happens at that level, but at least he didn't shout "get out of the way lino"

Propane Nightmares is online now   Reply With Quote