View Single Post
11-24-2012, 07:08 PM
vCash: 500
Got back on the ice for the first time in like 15-ish years tonight, and had a ton of fun. I think I'd like to make this a regular thing, but one thing that bugged me tonight was how friggin painful the bottom of the boot was against my arches (or lack thereof ) I've done tons of inline skating over the years and overall the boot fell very tight around my ankle, didn't feel any sliding, almost everything felt great. My feet have almost no arch to them though, and before I even stepped on the ice my feet were killing me- I'm wondering if I just don't remember because it had been so long, but your feet should just be snug in the skate, and not actually painful right?

I'm trying to keep in mind that these were just rentals and I'm not expecting them to feel like slippers, but I just don't remember the skate needing to be so right that it hurts

I suspect I just need a wider arch, but if I'm just being a pansy I'd rather know that than go searching for some mythical skate that feels like magic on my feet.