View Single Post
Old
11-24-2012, 06:46 PM
PWJunior
SUCK IT HATERS!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
Agree on Vis, disagree on Streit and Nabby. Nabokov has already proven that he'll sign here if the price is right. If the Isles want him back for 2013-14, IMO he'll be back.

On Streit, I just don't see him going anywhere. Especially if the Islanders are content with adding $6M or so of salary in Leopold and Lydman. I think they'd give that money to Streit if they had to, and either look elsewhere for a cheaper UFA, the trade market, or add another rookie(Reinhart? deHaan? Mayfield? etc.) to the lineup. I just don't see this team letting Streit walk without a fight, and Steit doesn't strike me as the type of guy who badly wants out of LI and will refuse to sign regardless of what they offer.
Agreed, Nabby and Streit are going nowhere.

It's not as if people are breaking down the door to sign Nabby and I would imagine he signs an identical deal to what he signed this past year. His old school stand up style may help his longevity as opposed the the butterfly style so he can still play at a high level.

Streit will be the priority signing and both sides know it. I think he'll get a 3-year deal. He wears the C on a seemingly close knit team and the Isles gave him his big break.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote