View Single Post
Old
11-24-2012, 08:05 PM
Captain Clutch 13

vCash: 500
Im a big backer of Grabovski on the first line, I really think he should get more time there. He's great defensively and proved 2 years ago with KGM he could produce offence at a first line rate and defend mostly top competition. His defense and cycle ability could help Kessel/Lupul a lot and Grabo can easily keep up with the two speed wise.

Ive heard a lot that the fact Grabo likes the puck on his stick in the neutral zone being a negative because Kessel likes the same thing and that they lack chemistry. I dont know where the latter idea came from, they always look great together to me. And I think the former issue is a minor one. Some people like to have a perfect arrangement of shooters, playmakers, 2 way players on their lines but in the end what you need is skill. Kessel and Lupul are both shooters yet do great together anyways. Skilled players will overcome little things like both wanting to carry the puck and I dont think its a good enough reason to keep Grabo off the first line.

Just an example of a nice pass from Kessel to Grabo. Small sample size but I think their chemistry is just fine. I think Grabo should get a sizeable shot at the first line in training camp/preseason. Finding a #1 centre is extremely difficult and I think we should at least exhaust all our options first.

Captain Clutch 13 is offline   Reply With Quote