View Single Post
Old
11-24-2012, 07:07 PM
Sivek

vCash: 500
Don't think we'll ever know the truth, but if I had to speculate, I'd say he suffered the concussion and vertebrae injury during the WC but played the next game because he didn't completely disclose the injury or didn't really feel the effects of it until the Hedman hit.

I remember the TB game seeming kind of strange for Crosby since they were absolutely dominating TB, up like 5-0 in the 1st and eventually got it up to 7-0 or 8-0 and he seemed to have a really quiet game despite his team just destroying TB and Crosby being on the best tear of his career. I'm guessing he was feeling out of it a bit and was trying to play through it or hadn't yet completely felt the symptoms (TB game was 4 days after WC, it's possible he felt groggy after the WC but it subsided in the days between games and he didn't push himself physical much until the next game).

Once he received the Hedman hit, it probably exacerbated how he was feeling. I don't think he suffered a second concussion but for the first time was like "Man, I feel like complete ****". I'm guessing the concussion symptoms eventual went away, the reason why he was able to come back and play in some games in Nov. & Dec. but the vertebrae issue went unchecked and was the main cause of the subsequent problems. Crosby's recovery seemed to take a big step forward once the vertebrate problem was identified, making it my lead speculation that he suffered the initial concussion and vertebrae injury at the same time, recovered from the concussion but had re-occurring problems because of the undiagnosed vertebrate injury, which had symptoms that were easily misunderstood to be stemming from a concussion instead of the neck problems.

That's my theory on the whole fiasco, take it for what it's worth, not much.

Sivek is offline   Reply With Quote