View Single Post
Old
11-24-2012, 07:24 PM
Lebowski
In Price We Trust

vCash: 500
The thing is, when have the possibility to draft a game changer, you look for his offensive output, not his "two-way play". Drouin has the kind of skills that can't be taught. He is blowing out of the water, statistically, every single player in the CHL, even the ones older than him that have been drafted in the top ten one or 2 years ago. That includes guys such as Huberdeau, Strome, Galchenyuk, Scheifle (sp.) and more. At this rate, he would be the 3rd player with the best PPG to be drafted since the lock-out, behind Crosby (2,7ish) and P. Kane (2,5ish) if I'm not mistaken.

If he can maintain that level of play for the whole year, I don't see how you can't consider him over a guy like Barkov. Honestly, he may very well go 1st as well. I can't predict how he will develop, but a guy who arguably has the best hockey sense and the best hands in an absolutely stacked draft class sounds like a solid candidate for the 1st overall, or at least the top 3.

Whatever happens, I hope the Habs can draft him. It would shut the media once and for all relatively to the French superstar drama that has been haunting the Habs for the last decade or more. He's also kinda good at playing hockey.