Thread: Confirmed with Link: The Omark Thread: Willing to play in the AHL?
View Single Post
Old
11-24-2012, 07:42 PM
Matte99

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral View Post
Glen Metropolit has 27 points in 23 games and is outscoring guys like Nash, Spezza, and Thornton.

Again, numbers in this league mean absolutely nothing. It's obviously a plus that Omark is putting up points but we can't really read much into it. The NHL players over there obviously aren't working that hard (Thornton might be getting a little older but he's getting outproduced by Marc-Antoine Pouliot who is a point-per-game player in this league as well).

If I'm Detroit, I'm liking Brunner's production but I'm not exactly running to the phone to reunite him with Omark on the big club.
No one said they will be running to the phone, but Omark is producing at the same level as Zetterberg, playing with Zetterberg and Brunner. Maybe they would click on NHL ice too? For nothing you can try it out and perhaps get a productive 2nd line that costs nothing.... wouldn't you be tempted? Red Wings aren't really shining atm and they have a history of having Swedish players, play to their potential or better.

Im just saying that if this line keep it up all season, i would be suprised if Red Wings didn't feel tempted to give it a try. (of course depending on Zetterbergs impressions etc)

Matte99 is offline   Reply With Quote