View Single Post
Old
11-24-2012, 08:01 PM
puckfan13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody View Post
Then the players I've listed are not "winners" yet. See how foolish that is? Just because a player is young, and is comparable (in your opinion) to players in the past that haven't panned out is flat out crazy.

How about I say, Yakupov won't be a safe pick until he becomes an NHL regular, which there is a chance will never happen. He's not a winner at all. Nail Yakupov is like Patrik Stefan, both first overall picks who will never be as "great" as they were once projected to be.
Yakupov isn't a guarantee at this point, but he is pretty close.

I didn't handpick losers from 2nd round drafted defensemen for my comparisons for Finn.. Those are legit prospects who had a lot of success in Canadian junior and continue to do so in the AHL, they're all still pretty good prospects,, they just haven't made the NHL yet 4 years after their draft. All I'm saying is don't expect an immediate impact from Finn and be thinking of a Rielly-Finn pairing even if he's tracking nicely 30 games after his draft season. It could happen though, Weber-Suter became a great pairing after being drafted in the same draft, I just would never come to expect it.

puckfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote