View Single Post
Old
11-24-2012, 09:07 PM
═デ┳︻

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilsp1ll View Post
Yakupov isn't a guarantee at this point, but he is pretty close.

I didn't handpick losers from 2nd round drafted defensemen for my comparisons for Finn.. Those are legit prospects who had a lot of success in Canadian junior and continue to do so in the AHL, they're all still pretty good prospects,, they just haven't made the NHL yet 4 years after their draft. All I'm saying is don't expect an immediate impact from Finn and be thinking of a Rielly-Finn pairing even if he's tracking nicely 30 games after his draft season.
How is he close, he isn't a "safe pick" or a "winner" at all, I thought they need to pan our and make the NHL first, which he has not.

We are not expecting an immediate impact of a Rielly-Finn pairing, seriously, no Leaf fan is. Rielly is expected by some of us to make the NHL next season, and by others to play another year in the WHL just in case. We expect Finn to be about 22 or 23 before he makes the NHL, I think he'll be similar to Jesse Blacker, who's still on the Marlies after being drafted 58th(?) in 2009. Even though, its been three years and he isn't a Leaf yet doesn't mean anything, some prospects take longer to develop.

But what you said, to start off this conversation between us, was a complete joke.

81 is offline   Reply With Quote