View Single Post
Old
11-24-2012, 08:46 PM
DougGilmour93

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Nabokov is islander starting goalie, Dipietro is hurt again why would Snow want to risk his job further. And why would Toronto want Nabokov, when they could have picked up Vokoun for nothing and is much better at this point.

Minnesota spent nearly 200 million on 2 players in offseason. They want to compete now, why trade your starting goalie with playoff experience. Harding and Hackett have no playoff experience. This would make no sense to the team or ownership to make this move.

Who will replace Kipper in Calgary? They went out and signed Hudler and Wideman to pretty big contracts, does this look like a team looking to rebuild? Calgary would need someone to replace Kipper and unless you consider sending Reimer I'm not sure who that will be. If you send Reimer then what do you have after Kipper in a year or two?

Elliot has had one good half of a season over his entire career. Halak is St. Louis starting goalie, Elliot is the backup. How much time do you think it would take for St. Louis to have the confidence to move Halak? 1 season, 2 seasons of good play from Elliot. Sure does not look anything in the short term. How much do you really trust Halak at this point, sure looks like a potential Toskala do over.

After analyzing these options I'm not sure how any of them seem feasible for next season. Do you think Burke will bet is job on a "you never know" option?
You make some great points. I don't expect Burke to get another goalie right away. I believe he'll give Reimer another opportunity (unless he can get a steal of a dealbefore the season starts)

Things happen during the season, Ellliott might go on a tear and make Halak expendable??? Calgary may crap the bed and start dealing assets??? Backstrom could have a cold start to the season and Harding could take the reigns???

Alot could happen.

You seem to be under the impression that Luongo is our only option. Sorry, but he's not. Not to say that a deal couldn't be consumated, but Burke won't bend over for MG.