View Single Post
Old
11-24-2012, 11:02 PM
Theokritos

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens1958 View Post
Criteria, voters, transperency of the process, counter-balancing factors, such as ASTs, Best Defenseman, Best Forward and other awards/honours in the Czechoslovakian domestic leageu that will provide a more complete picture. Significant considerations would be the number of voters, who they were, the timing of the voting, nature of the ballot, weight of each ballot or slot on the ballot.
That's a nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
wish list
but not what is available to me (or - so it seems - anybody else who is trying to contribute to this project). The way things usually are in Europe, you can expect the voters to be either journalists (most likely) or coaches (less common, but not without precedent). No reason to discredit the Zlata Hokejka just because we don't know all the details. Also, see:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
The domestic All Star Teams were presented upthread - Holecek was named the All-Star or Best Goalie in the Extraliga 7 of 8 years as determined by TIP magazine...
TheoKritos posted the point totals for the Golden Stick for all goalies down to about 20th place (and I reposted them in the same post where I posted the All-Star/best goalie awards), so there obviously were a fairly significant number of voters. Considering that the Golden Stick was an official award, I would imagine the voters were "experts" of some sort.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Farkas View Post
I've been away for the past few days so I have some catching up to do in reading here I admit...but Holecek didn't strike me as particularly good... and now some issues with his domestic achievements have arisen it seems...
If you catch up and do the reading you will see that are no issues with Holeček's domestic achievements. Except you also think there are issues with Ray Bourque's NHL achievements before 2000-2001.

Theokritos is offline   Reply With Quote