View Single Post
Old
11-24-2012, 11:33 PM
Laszlo Panaflex

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saabman0508 View Post
Neil Young was a complete disappointment. I'd give him a solid 4/10. I was really looking forward to seeing him. He played about 3 or 4 of his hits and he didn't even play the entire songs. What he did do however was have 5 minute long guitar solos for each song to the point that they were not even recognizable. He still sounds the same as he did 30 years ago and the hits he did play were good. Everything else was pretty bad, especially a 10 minute long gem in which every second word out of his mouth was the F-word.

End rant.
I'd probably give him a higher rating than that because if nothing else he's still a great guitar player who is in his late 60's, which is pretty impressive. I too was disappointed in the show however. I mean those long outros to songs were pretty unnecesary. He should have played more songs instead of just dragging those songs on. I was disappointed in the set list as well. He has so many great tunes he didn't play tonight. Sadies rocked though and Patty Smith was pretty good I thought.