View Single Post
Old
11-25-2012, 12:14 AM
wings5

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrappingYoungChad View Post
The development of soccer players in England (and all of Europe for that matter) is completely different than the development of hockey players in Canada.

Take Germany or Spain for instance, they have the same lack of restrictions as England, and they're arguable the two most dominant nations of the biggest sport in the world.

Also, EPL, La Liga, and Bundesliga et all are professional leagues. Our professional league, the NHL, also allows for as many internationals as can effectively play NHL hockey.

A professional soccer league isn't a valid comparison.
I brought up soccer because many of the top teams in the EPL have many foreigners and they make up a large majority of the academys as well in England. La Liga and Bundesliga still have many players of their respective native countrys developing throught the systems and the leagues of their home country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptBrannigan View Post
I have no idea who you're referencing with "our" hockey, but I fail to see how removing any barrier outside of talent, age, and team compatibility would be anything but a benefit to our game. (That "our" references hockey fandom in general.)

Edit: Another multi-point game? Wow, hope some of this translates to the pro level. Kid seems to be ripping it up.
By our I meant Canadian hockey, the NHL is a professional league its different obviously there would be many international players. The CHL however is a developmental league whos main task is of course to develop young players. Many Europeans complain time and time again how the influx of players from Europe to the CHL is negatively affecting the development of their players. Imo two import players is enough but more than that is pushing it is all I'm saying.

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote