View Single Post
Old
11-25-2012, 02:53 AM
Kershaw

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
People need to re-read the thread. "Best defensive dmen". McD is a damn good player and has a great career ahead of him but he's nowhere near as reliable, or dominant as a defense men than Staal.

Marc's been a nightmare for his opposition for years now. The reach and wingspan. His strength down low. His ability to move traffic in front of Henrik. He's been flat out dominant inside that blue-line.

The guy doesn't lose 1-on-1 battles. His gap-control is absolutely exceptional, and his zone-coverage is text book. He has this nifty toolbox that gets him out of trouble or stifles the forechecker.

McDonagh lacks the strength down low, and gets pushed around a little too much around the net. He'll fill out and improve this area of the game but I don't think he'll ever be as good as Marc when it comes down to defending.

If we're up a goal with 30 seconds left in the game and there's a defensive faceoff, would anyone really play McD over Marc? It's a no brainer who the better defensive dmen is.
I find it absolutely laughable that you claim McDonagh is miles behind Staal defensively. At best, they're both a wash, with the edge to McDonagh with his dominant skating stride.

And for your last point, I give you this:

Is Staal even out there? During dying moments of a one goal lead in game 7?

Looks like Torts trusts the inferior McDonagh in this pressure situation.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote