View Single Post
Old
11-25-2012, 04:55 AM
n00bxQb

vCash: 500
RYAN MURRAY NAMED YOUNGEST CAPTAIN IN NHL HISTORY
September 27, 2012

Ryan Murray woke up to an unusual 19th birthday surprise this morning, awoken by his new teammates, coaches, and team management who wished to congratulate the young rookie on his new title: team captain.

"I don't even know what to say," said Murray. "It's come as a major shock, but it's an incredible honour."

The move isn't without its critics, of which there are many, but GM Mackenzie doesn't seem to mind the criticism. "This young man is a shining example of everything we want out of every player on our team, young or old. It's the right choice in my mind. People can say he hasn't even play a real NHL game yet or he's too young to lead, but I don't see Chicago or Pittsburgh regretting their decisions to put the C on their young, dedicated, talented captains."

Many critics feel that the Blue Jackets are putting too much pressure too early on the youngster.

R.J. Umberger and Vaclav "Vinny" Prospal will retain their alternate captain statuses for the upcoming season.

Regardless of the reasons why, it has certainly created a major buzz around the Columbus area, who are anxious to find out exactly how their new captain and new face of the franchise will perform in the upcoming season.

In other NHL news, Calgary GM Jay Feaster shocked the hockey world today by shipping goaltender Miikka Kiprusoff to St. Louis in exchange for prospects Jake Allen and Brett Ponich. One analyst stated, "The move makes no sense for either side."

Last edited by n00bxQb: 11-25-2012 at 05:03 AM.