View Single Post
Old
11-25-2012, 08:15 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
IMO the Habs would be better served having St Denis on the big team. His versatility (both sides, both special teams) helps his case as a 7/8D. I can see Tinordi getting games as injuries hit, but I don't think he's quite as ready as FSD, and we might as well take advantage of Tinordi's waiver eligibility and start him in the minors.

Depending on how Desjardins does this season, I wonder if the Habs see him as a contender for cheap backup to Price going forward?

I can see Dumont as a possibility for 13/14F in Montreal.

Leblanc had some good games with the Habs last season, but I don't see him kicking down the door for an opening game starting lineup position yet. Maybe as this season goes on.

I haven't seen much of Archambault, but is he worth signing, let alone putting in the Hamilton top 6? Might there be more upside in looking for an undrafted late bloomer elsewhere, maybe Sarault?
I could see St-Denis with the big club next year, if not I wonder if he would even consider playing in the AHL again when he could make a lot more in a Euro league as he'll turn 27 in 2 months.

I'd also be surprised to see Desjardins back as I would think it would be NHL or Euro league for him but if he's back in Hamilton next season then thats great for the Dogs.

It will be interesting to see what they do with Dumont since he has to clear waivers to play in Hamilton next year, surely if he's in Hamilton it wont be on the 4th line.

I would assume that Leblanc would be on the opening day roster next year.

Archambault looks like he's playing well enough to get a contract, if he doesn't show enough to stick in Hamilton he could easily go to the ECHL for a spell. Having him in the top 6 on another all rookie line seems highly unlikely imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
I'm not taking away from what he's done. His progression is very good and he is promising. He still makes questionable plays when pressured that make me shake my head. I think that will go away with another NCAA season.

Also I feel that if he turns pro at 23, I want him to land a Hamilton top pairing spot but I don't think he can do that yet. After his senior year, he will be.
Have you seen a lot of Michigan games this year?