View Single Post
Old
11-25-2012, 09:45 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orcatown View Post
Have a question for those of you who follow the Marlies.

What is going on with Colburne?

Is he playing better than his stats indicate?

Can't just go of stats but 1 goal in 14 games suggest he is labouring.

I was thinking that Colburne might be the key piece in a trade for Luongo but now might might be hesitant making the deal. Is there progress here? How do you see his overall game and how do you project him moving ahead? Is there any suggestion he is a bust? And if you were Vancouver would you be moving Luongo to get Colburne?

Not trying to slag anyone here but only trying to get some insight into this player.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anderson3133 View Post
Colborne is definitely playing better than his stats indicate. However, he seems to be playing a lot more timid lately. I think Eakins has him centering Frattin to see if he can get Colborne going.

I didn't follow the Marlies enough last year to give you an honest opinion on his progress but the kid's skating seems greatly improved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
I remember Colborne saying at the beginning of the year that his wrist still wasn't 100 percent. I remember saying it was pretty silly for him to be playing if his wrist wasn't 100 percent yet. It's probably still bugging him.
Kadri has 2 goals, Colborne has 1.

Kadri should be considered an offensive player, but I'm not certain that is going to be Joe's forte, however I think he needs some beef. 6'5" and 213? Antropov 6'6", 240 lbs., Sundin 6'5" , 231 lbs. Steckel 6'5", 217.

Marlies have 2 players top 50 in PP goals and one of them is Frattin who has played 4 games. Hard to get the cheap assists if your shooters are firing blanks on the PP.

Jury is still out on Colborne, but we should have a better idea end of season.

He was the Leafs' leading scorer in the 196364, 196667 and 196970 seasons, and the team's top goal scorer in 197071 and 197273. Keon was considered one of the fastest skaters in the NHL, and one of the best defensive forwards of his era.[3] He would usually play against the opposing team's top centre, and developed a reputation for neutralizing some of the league's top scorers. In 197071, he scored eight shorthanded goals, setting an NHL record.