View Single Post
Old
11-25-2012, 10:14 AM
Marco Esquandolas
Registered Abuser

vCash: 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4evaBlue View Post
They're both fairly fast, soft, shoot first type players, with good stickhandling skills, who aren't good defensively. Main difference is Kessel is a much better playmaker (though worse defensively), and doesn't knowingly put himself into suicide positions.
They have similar skillsets, but they utilize them very differently on the ice.

Quote:
One is generally better at creating chances, while the other is generally better at preventing chances (and also being tougher to play against physically). While facing shutdown lines would certainly result in a decrease in QualComp, I don't see how anyone could say that it would also result in a boost in production.
That's a pretty massive generalization which isn't even true in many cases. I already explained how it could potentially result in a boost in production and you just keep repeating the same point about top six/bottom six. It's not some kind of axiom that good offensive players are always bad defensively, and all bottom six players are good defensively. Many of the league leaders in Rel. Corsi are both bottom and top-six players on good puck possession teams like the Canucks and Bruins.

Quote:
I'll take one of those games over scoring once in 4 out of 6 games, while averaging 1.5 shots per game.
So what you're saying is that you'd be happier if Grabo scored two goals in one of our games against the Bruins, rather than four goals in six..?

Marco Esquandolas is online now   Reply With Quote