View Single Post
Old
11-25-2012, 10:16 AM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyboy View Post
My pleasure. Konecny is a special talent. The Compuware/Elgin Middlesex game should be great tomorrow afternoon.

Speaking of Compuware, underage defenseman Sean Day is scary good. Not exaggerating when I say he skates like an NHL'er. Very Paul Coffey-esque. He just glides and is able to get from end-to-end with complete ease. Playing a year up, yet plas so nonchalant. It's almost as if he's playing shinny. As a result he does tend to hold onto the puck too long from time to time, but the skill set is incredible. Made two gorgeous rushes against the Jr Canadians. One resulted in dekeing the goalie and just putting it wide, the other had him blow by the defensemen and beat the goalie for a goal. Most of the talk in the arena seems to be about him, and for good reason. Will be interesting to see if he tries to get exceptional player status. He's more impressive than Ekblad was at the same age, I can tell you that much.
Absolutely beautiful skater. Easily the best skater I've seen at this level. What a great to watch. He makes skating look so easy. I cannot fathom how he's underage. Definitely a more impressive talent than Ekblad.

I was so glad I made the trip to Whitby to catch this player.

Last edited by dean youngblood82: 11-25-2012 at 10:24 AM.