Thread: Prospect Info: Official Penguins Prospects Thread
View Single Post
Old
11-25-2012, 11:22 AM
Rabid Husky

vCash: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by #66 View Post
Yep a flawed stride can be corrected. Toews was a pretty ugly skater when he played for NDak but looks really good now. Hano doesn't have the foot speed to be fast but I'm hoping he improves his turning, balance and power like Tavares did.

He gets down in the grit and grime areas of the ice so being stronger on his skates is going to be a huge key for him.
He's pretty strong now. If you watch him he doesn't get knocked off the puck very often and he can protect it well when being bodied up. His goal was an absolute snipe job. Gets the puck in the circle on the left side, does this inside pirouette move that he does a lot, and roofs it over the goalie's shoulder in a space about the size of a coffee can. No goalie is stopping that. He set up goal two by picking off the puck from two bulldogs and threading a pass to Dowd who buried it. I wouldn't worry too much about his skating because his hands and his mind can make up for it.
He was tentative on Friday but that's to be expected after missing 5 games and really not even being able to go to practice or anything at the rink till Monday save those two games he watched against UND. UMD was also hitting him high and late which pissed me off but he didn't retaliate (I would have)
Saturday he looked like Hanowski again.