Thread: Prospect Info: Morgan Rielly discussion thread.
View Single Post
Old
11-25-2012, 10:32 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
I agree with a majority of your post but one thing stood out to me here.. You said Rielly is in as good of shape as anyone in the NHL.. I think this is a bit of a stretch.. His size isn't up to par with the NHL level to begin with.. He needs to get bigger.. But another thing is that just because he's playing 30 minutes against kids that are 19 and younger.. Doesn't prove that he's ready for the full NHL grind. The guy just came off a very serious knee injury and he needs time to get back. I think he still needs to gain and put on some serious size before we consider the NHL. It's his strength I'm more worried about and the grind of NHL hockey.. It's just not comparable to the WHL because they aren't full grown men who are hitting him or going after him.. These are kids his size and his age.. Big difference there and that's the curve that he's going to have to get over.
Playing against the Russians wasn't easy for him. I'm not sure he showed he's physically ready for playing against mature men.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote