View Single Post
11-25-2012, 10:50 AM
Czech Your Math
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Rhiessan71 View Post
But it's still being done.
Personally, I think Lindros, before he ran into his concussion issues, was the better and more dominant player than Crosby has been so far.

In fact...
After 7 seasons:
Lindros 431GP 263G 600P
Crosby 434GP 223G 609P

Even if you try to use Adjusted stats, the difference is maybe 30 points total and once you factor in Lindros' superior defensive play and supreme physical dominance/intimidation, I think Lindros is pretty clearly the better overall player.

Trots is a lot closer to matching Lindros physically than Crosby, and Trots is already the better defensive player than either of them.
Lindros '94-'00: 423 GP , 256 G (.60 GPG), 601 P (1.42 PPG)
Crosby '06-'12: 434 GP, 237 G (.55 GPG), 632 P (1.46 PPG)

That's starting with Lindros' second season, but also only giving him credit for actual games in '95, and it's about as close as you can get.

As Phil says, we aren't penalizing Crosby for games missed due to injury, but we can't give him too much extra credit for those missed games either. I mean, saying he was at a dominant level in '10 & '11 isn't much of a stretch... but including '12 (only 22 games after already missing half of '11) and the current lockout is going too far. If he wants ANY credit for this season, then he should be playing in one of the top leagues available... whether that's the NHL, KHL, or even the Swiss league... at least prove he can stay healthy for N games and dominate a bunch of yodelers.

Czech Your Math is offline   Reply With Quote