View Single Post
Old
11-25-2012, 11:24 AM
CDJ*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNB Bruins Fan View Post
I'm not really up on baseball prospects...so anyone who follows that kind of stuff, how is this draft looking? Who is projected to be the number one pick? Is it deep or top-heavy? More pitching or hitting? Thanks.
Lot of talented high school catchers. It looks like it is going to be an OF and Pitchig dominated draft.

If I had to take somebody at #1, I'd probably choose either:

Austin Meadows HS OF committed to Clemson: He can play all 3 OF spots, has a legitimate 5 tools.

Ryne Stanek or Mark Appel: RHP's out of Arkansas and Stanford respectively. You may already know about Appel since it was a bit of a surprise the Astros did not pick him at #1. Stanek was signed up to play for the Cape League team that I am employed by, but he went and pitched for Team USA instead. Both are tall, with Stanek being the lankier of the two (and thus, he probably has more projection as he fills out). Both can dial their fastballs up into the high 90's- generally sitting 93-95, with Stanek topping out at 97 and Appel topping out at 99 (clocked at that while pitching for team USA). Can't really go wrong with either.

Austin Wilson: Huge outfielder, also goes to Stanford. Has a lot of power and great discipline at the plate. Saw him make a couple diving catches out in RF this summer too. Very impressive physical specimen.