View Single Post
Old
11-25-2012, 12:06 PM
ps241
It's closing time.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Honestly, I expect Scheifele to force his way onto the NHL roster next year. That's how top prospects develop, they force the hands of management into placing them on the roster. I love Scheifele's offensive awareness, I think the Jets will need that offense and Scheifele will force them to keep him on the roster, likely as a 2nd line C. The room is open on the roster next year, with Antropov, Ponikarovsky as uncertain to whether they will be back, and Wellwood all but gone, IMO. I would not "hand" him a spot, make him earn it, but give him a real chance, I think they'll like what they see. No good comes of forcing players down levels if they are ready, prospects can be ruined that way just as easily as by rushing them, IMO, which is something that gets overlooked here sometimes, IMO.
I am starting to think this as well Holden. I always thought he would take a year in the AHL as well but his physical progression in skating and size has been quicker than I expected. I am now of the belief that he will be able to be a solid top 6 asset by next season and he will kick the door down. Honestly he is starting to look ready now but I think he would be best served dominating this year in juniors.