View Single Post
Old
11-25-2012, 03:29 PM
Kingpin794
Lucky 13

vCash: 500
Last night Spirit got a 2-1 win but more importantly 2 guys stepped up big.

Serebryakov finally played the way people in Saginaw were expecting him to. When he was originally drafted, alot of people wondered why the Spirit used their import pick on him with Paterson in net. But last night he looked like the guy form last years U17 tourney. If he can keep learning and improving, the Spirit may have a very strong one-two puch next year.

Also Terry Trafford has started to find his offensive game. He had 2 goals (including the OT winner) and an asssit in a comeback win at the Soo and added an asist and the game winner last night. He has always had the speed, but it was a matter of what could he do with it. I think his recent production has been because he's replaced Ross on the first line. While Trocheck will help alot guys stats out, I'm think Vince is benifiting form Terry just as much. Terry's speed could help keep the pressure off Vince allowing him to take on more of the playmaking role that suits him better than a goal scoring role.

When Ross comes back I hope Gilbert keeps Trafford up with Trocheck. Speed, skill, and toughness on that first line would be a nice combo.