View Single Post
Old
11-25-2012, 03:34 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
Well, these are all overpriced luxury and collectors items anyway, so it only takes a few people and not "the market" to drive the price up. It might just be the color, though
Yeah... the Blue jerseys do have it all over the white ones... which in this case were so very ordinary, while the color ones had some Pizazz... from the back, anyway.

In all seriousness though, I believe the crazy prices I was talking about were the ones initially set... before the bidding could set it askew. I actually expect that after the bidding gets rolling, the corrections should get somewhat into the mix. I'm not sure though how much it will correct as I do see that the Auction Company does seem to cater to the NYC crowd -- as Flountown alluded to -- Funny how it seems that the Mighty Steve Eminger has always had the folk hero aura surrounding him; he has accomplished much more in the minds of some fans than he has ever had a chance to do on the ice. I often look at him as the Dos Equis 'Worlds Most Interesting Man'... or a mini-Chuck Norris. Stevie has had an interesting career of in-between teams status.

That said... I don't think many people are aware of the auction... or maybe there is just very very little interest in it in this NHL LockOut time period.