View Single Post
Old
11-25-2012, 04:03 PM
simplefan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProfessional View Post
how can you say he played good hockey? his team lost, he had 1 point. you and other sens fans state his job is to put up points, lead the offense and while being sound on defense. he put up 1 point and was even in the series. stop making excuses about low scoring. sounds like a pretty poor job to me. and i did watch the series, i watched every game on TV. his only point was a fluke goal too where he blindly flung it to the middle without any teammate close.

i am a bruins fan and i can say watching that series karlsson wasnt as impressive as i had seen him during regular season games.
Karlsson has proven he can score in playoffs. He was really impressive offensively in 2010. Defensively, he was a trainwreck.

But in 2012 playoffs, he played a safe, sound defensive game while still being mobile. He never played "scared". He still deked the hell out of Rangers, still shot the puck, still passed it, still held his own.

However, the team had NO FINISH. While them 3rd liners were majic in regular season, they couldnt even buy a goal.

Actually, for Karlsson to be impressive for you, he would have to score about 7 goals, no assists in first round because the forward could not even score off his passes. Thats how bad it was.

Again, Paul Maurice said on TSN that Ottawa generated many chances, but couldnt score. Playing an offensively-minded game against a shotblocking machine is kinda tough. But IMO, Rangers were slighty outplayed and it was pretty tight.

The reason NY won is because they had BETTER FINISH.

simplefan is offline   Reply With Quote