View Single Post
Old
11-25-2012, 04:43 PM
Craig Fischer
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyDots View Post
Nieto is off the schneid! He scored the 4th goal of the game in a 4-0 BU win over St. Lawrence, and his goal got everyone in attendance free chicken! The goal was a beautiful snipe from the behind the circle on the rush. Biggest reason for the line regaining form seems to be the Terriers swapped out Gill and went with Rodrigues who usually plays on the 3rd line and is the sorta scrappy dig the puck out kinda player who is all hustle. The addition of his game really complimented Nieto and O'Regan and allowed them to focus on scoring. Nieto and O'Regan both showed off some fancy skating moves, BU has a tendency to let Nieto with his speed QB the puck into the zone, this led to a lot of good passing plays between the two Sharks prospects.
FREE CHICKEN!

Would you say another reason for the line regaining form is the development of O'Regan? I've been trying to keep tabs on both him and Nieto (two of 5 that are really tough for me to follow) and while I think Nieto is typically seen as the marquee Sharks prospect for the event, it hasn't always been the case. O'Regan looks somehow better (edit: than himself, not Nieto) every night. In fact, I think Megan's seniority is actually holding the kid back a bit and next year I think he could really break out. I still think Nieto is the better NHL prospect because of the size, but O'Regan is going to do some magical things in BU.